Louis: "We're seriously low on chocolate"
Me: this cake...enough said.
taken from this recipe from My New Roots - no adaptations needed. It was perfect. Thanks Sarah.
2 cups light spelt flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 ¼ cup quinoa milk or milk of your choice
6 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Line 2 mini loaf pans with parchment paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
4. In a separate bowl combine the maple syrup, milk, coconut oil, vanilla and vinegar. Whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to remove any lumps.
5. Pour batter into cake pans and smooth the top. Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (approx. 50 minutes).
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
2 oz. dark unsweetened chocolate
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1. Melt chocolate
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Refrigerate and enjoy as a mousse, or top this yummy cake with it.