Thursday, September 27, 2012

Like Winning the Lottery



I made these cookies for a neighborhood party we had the other night. One of our neighbors is following the Paleo diet, and I wanted to bake something that everyone could enjoy, so I tried some Paleo cookies. They were a hit even in the non Paleo eaters.


Almond Coconut Paleo Cookies adapted from this recipe by the Healthy Chef

1 C ground almonds
1 C slivered almonds
1 C dried unsweetened coconut
1/4 C honey
1/4 C Coconut oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp water
Chocolate chips (optional and technically not Paleo)



1. Combine the almonds and coconut
2. Put the honey and oil in a medium sized saucepan and heat on low just until coconut oil is liquid
3. Combine the baking soda and water in a cup, then pour into the saucepan, and stir until it begins to bubble. 
4. Add the dry ingredients to the saucepan and mix until combined. If the mixture is not sticking together, add the water and try again.
5. If you're going to add in chocolate chips, you can do that here. I added them to half of the dough. 
6. These cookies were very crumbly, so I think the next time I make them, I'll roll them into tight balls before placing them on the cookie sheet rather than just dropping them like I did this time. It should make 20-22 cookies
7. Bake the cookies at 250 F for 20-25 minutes ( until golden brown)

Cool and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment