Roasted Vegetable Medley
I made the easiest /most delicious roasted vegetable medley yesterday. Here it goes, and the hardest job was preparing the vegs !!!! You can use any combination of root vegs .
3 lg. carrots thickly sliced
2 parsnips thickly sliced
2 large potatoes chunked
1 lg sweet potato chunked
2 med onions cut in wedges
1 stalk of celery sliced
6 cloves of garlic peeled
1/2 rutabaga ( turnip ) chunked
If I had a fennel I would use it too
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp savory
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Rub olive oil over bottom and sides of shallow roasting pan ( I needed my big roaster ).
3. Add vegs and and the other tbsp of olive oil , balsamic vinegar , and spices
4. Mix it all well with your hands.
5. Bake uncovered 45 min, stirring after every 15 min.
6. Serve with french bread and a glass of red wine
This is the ULTIMATE in comfort food and the smell and taste are amazing !!!