Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tomato Baked Halibut


This recipe is not the exact recipe I made when one my best friends was visiting last year, but when I made it, I couldn't help but remember her visit. The weather was terrible and I had a cold, but I got to spend a few days with a great friend which is always what I'll remember. So this recipe is for you:) Congratulations on your recent engagement!

Tomato Baked Halibut
inspired by "Roasted Tomato & Olive Bruschetta Over Baked Halibut & Quinoa" from Quinoa Revolution by Patricia Green and Carolyn Hemming, 2012. 

2 Wild Halibut Fillets ( I use frozen Marine Stewardship Council certified fish)  
1 pint of multi colored cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 zucchini, halved and sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
small handful of fresh basil chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
handful of chopped fresh cilantro



1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. Stir together tomatoes, zucchini, oil, garlic, and basil in a small casserole dish. 
3. Bake for 10 minutes. 
4. Place the fish, skin side up, over the tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. 
5. Return to oven to bake for 10-15 more minutes (until fish flakes easily). 
6. Place each fillet on a bed of rice, then top with tomato mixture and garnish with cilantro. 



No comments:

Post a Comment