Friday, February 22, 2013

Blueberry Crumble Pie with Graham Cracker Crust



Some of our friends gave me and Louis a Fiestaware pie plate for Christmas, so of course, I had to make some pie. I really haven't perfected pie crust, so I opted for a graham cracker crust, and made this blueberry pie. It was scrumptious. I used some frozen blueberries I had left over in the freezer. It's nice to have a summery treat in the dead of winter and know that it is still locally sourced.

Blueberry Crumble Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
adapted from this recipe at Just a Pinch

Pie Crust:
1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
1/3 C melted butter
1/8 C water

Pie filling:
4 C frozen blueberries
7 Tbsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 C sugar

Topping:
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C butter, softened





No comments:

Post a Comment