This recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, Food to Live By. I use it so often that the pages are falling out. The sauce could also be used as a dipping sauce. To make it vegetarian, substitute the chicken for firm, drained, tofu.
Tahini Chicken over Soba Noodles
adapted from "Grilled Tahini Chicken with Eggplant and Mushrooms over Soba Noodles" Food to Live By Myra Goodman 2006
Ginger Garlic Tahini sauce
1/4 C soy sauce or tamari
1/8 C unseasoned rice vinegar
1 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Keeps for 2 weeks if covered and refrigerated.
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 recipe ginger garlic tahini sauce (above)
2 tsp oil for stir frying
1 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise, then cut into 1 cm slices
1 large red pepper roughly chopped
1/2 C sliced minibella mushrooms
2-3 oz. soba noodles
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
black sesame seeds, as a garnish
1. Chop chicken into bite sized pieces. This would work equally well with firm drained tofu.
2. Place 3/4 of the sauce and chicken in a resealable plastic bag, and marinade in fridge for 2-6 hours.
3. Remove chicken , and discard marinade.
4. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add chicken to wok, and stir fry until cooked through. Add zucchini and peppers and stir fry for 2 more minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes.
5. Cook the noodles according to package instructions.
6. In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked chicken and vegetables, the soy sauce and sesame oil, the remaining sauce, and the noodles. Toss to combine, Garnish with sesame seeds.