Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dark Chocolate Marble Cookies



Oh chocolate,  I've missed you. This was the perfect recipe to reintroduce chocolate back into my life. This is my chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I can only eat high quality chocolate, so instead of chocolate chips, I substituted chunks of 70% chocolate. I intended for the cookies to be chocolate chunk cookies, but they became a pleasant accidental marble cookie. They are so much prettier, and they really melt in your mouth.

Dark Chocolate Marble Cookies

2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C butter, softened
1 C packed light brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
3 C chopped 70% high quality chocolate


1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl
3. Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
6. Stir in chocolate chunks.
7. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets
8. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
9. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment