The recipe I'm going to share is really easy. I think it would be nice alongside a bowl of tomato or red pepper soup.
Zucchini and Ricotta Bruschetta
adapted from this recipe by Sara Forte of Sprouted Kitchen
4 slices of whole grain bread of your choice ( I used thinly sliced home made Ezekiel bread)
1 garlic clove
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 small zucchini
1/2 onion minced
1- 2 tsp lemon flavored olive oil
freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
1/2 package low fat ricotta cheese
1/3 C fresh chopped parsley
1/4 shredded parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 475F
2. Mince the garlic clove and stir together with olive oil in small bowl. Brush evenly over the 4 slices of bread.
3. Broil toasts in oven for 5-10 minutes ( until edges are browned)
4. Chop zucchini into bite sized pieces
5. Heat lemon flavored olive oil over low - med heat in skillet. Saute the zucchini and onion for about 10 minutes to soften.
6. Stir the parsley into the ricotta. Spread ricotta cheese evenly over 4 toasts ( about 1/4 C per slice). Top with zucchini/onion mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Top each toast with 1 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
8. Return toasts to oven and broil for 5-10 minutes more ( until cheese is melted).
instructions found here