Thursday, May 16, 2013

RazApple Crumble

I love colors. Bright, brilliant colors. I could look at a combination of my fiestaware dishes every day for minutes (and I do), or stare at a beautifully plated dish in a resaturant with brilliant green brocolli or peas. Raspberries are one of my favorite colors. The brilliant red with a touch of pink is stunning to my eyes. The apples in this recipe pick up the rasberry coloring, and I think they would be so pretty if they were made in a clear glass baking dish to show it off. 





RazApple Crumble
adapted from the Eat-Clean DIet Cookbook by Tosca Reno 2007

2 regular sized apples
1 C fresh or frozen raspberries
1/4 C whole wheat or spelt flour
1/4 C rolled oats
2 Tbsp canola oil or butter flavored olive oil
1/4 C pitted dates, finely chopped
1/4 C unsalted sunflower seeds


1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Core and slice apples. Place in medium saucepan with berries. Cook over medium-low heat and bring to a siummer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour cooked fruit into a ceramic pie plate or 4 ramekins
3. Mix the flour and oats in a bowl and add the oil. Mix with hands until it resembles crumbs. Stir in the dates and seeds. Sprinkle mixture over fruit and bake for 25 minutes. 
4. Serve warm topped with whipped cream or yogurt and a drizzle of honey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment