These salmon burgers are pretty basic. I ate them on a burger plain with some lettuce, but I think they would probably be served best on top of a salad.
adapted from Teresa Cutter, the Healthy Chef
450 g wild salmon fillet, chopped
2 Tbsp diced onion
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
3 Tbsp water
1/2 C bread crumbs
freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Combine flax seed and water and let sit while preparing the rest of the ingredients
2. Combine salmon, onion, parsley, flax/water mix, and salt and pepper to taste in food processor.
3. Process until just combined. Remove and shape into 4 burgers
4. Coat lightly in bread crumbs and set them in the fridge for at least 5 minutes.
5. Cook in a frying pan with a small amount of oil until golden and crisp over medium low heat ( 5-10 minutes per side depending on thickness of burger). I covered the pan to ensure the inside of the burger cooked well.
6. Serve over greens or on a bun and drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
Oven Roasted Vegetables
adapted from the Eat Clean Diet cookbook by Tosca Reno 2007
1 large onion, cut into chunks
2 large carrots, cut into sticks
2 parsnips, cut into sticks
1/2 lb brussel sprouts
3 beets, peeled and cut into chunks
3 yukon gold potatoes, cut into slices
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 minced cloves garlic
1 Tbsp dried marjoram
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Toss all vegetables in the mixture of oil, vinegar and spices. Place in a large roasting pan and cover with tin foil.
3. Bake for 35 minutes.
4. Uncover and stir vegetables. Roast at 425 for another 20-30 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are cooked