This was a yummy side dish we enjoyed the other night. I love charred broccoli, and the dipping sauce is delish!
Charred Broccoli with Almond Dipping Sauce
adapted from this recipe by Teresa Cutter
1 head of broccoli1/2 onion, chopped
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp grated ginger
1/4 C almond butter
1.5 Tbsp tamari sauce
2 Tbsp honey
squeeze lemon juice
1. Cut broccoli into long spears. Don't throw out the stalks. They're just as good as the heads. Just shave the tough outer skin from the lower parts of the stalks.
2. Cook the broccoli on a BBQ until nicely charred. 5-10 minutes should be plenty of time.
3. While the broccoli is cooking, make the sauce. Heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan, and saute onion, garlic, and ginger until softened.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and stir while heating for another minute.
5. Add water to create desired consistency (about 1/2 C) and heat for another minute.