On a day like today when you don't feel like spending more than 15 minutes in the kitchen, this is a perfect meal. It is really fast and easy and even kid friendly.
Cornmeal Crusted Haddock
adapted from oven-fried fish from Better Homes and Gardens new Dieter's Cookbook 1997
2 fresh or frozen haddock fillets which have been thawed
3 Tbsp panko or bread crumbs
3 Tbsp cornmeal
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp canola or olive oil
1 egg white, slightly beaten
1. Rinse and pat dry fish
2. Line baking pan with parchment paper
3, Stir together bread crumbs, panko, and pepper. Add oil and toss to combine
4. Brush fish with egg white, then dip the fish in cornmeal mixture.
5. Bake 500F for 8-10 minutes.
1 onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 C water
1 C frozen kale
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 1/2 tsp fresh basil
1/2 tsp fresh oregano
1/4 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
2/3 C whole wheat couscous
handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 C crumbled goat cheese
1. In medium saucepan, heat oil and saute onion and yellow pepper until tender.
2. Carefully add water to pan. Stir in herbs, spices, and kale.
3. Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in couscous.
4. Remove from heat and let sit until liquid has absorbed ( about 5 minutes)
5. Top with tomatoes and goat cheese to serve.